A Policy Statement from Leeds Older People's Forum on Housing for Older People in Leeds: LOPF Housing Policy Statement Nov 2014.pdf
With the General Election due next year the Older People's Housing Champion's Network has produced its manifesto on housing in an ageing society. Manifesto This calls for: ·
- Future proofing housing for an ageing society
- Engaging older people far more in the planning and design of new homes & neighbourhoods
- Promoting a greater choice of specialist and general housing for older people
- Truly integrating housing into the planning of health and care services
- Providing rapid access to affordable repairs and adaptations with practical help such as handyperson's services and Home Improvement Agencies and,
- Providing more independent, impartial information and advice about housing, care and finance options.
Older Peoples Action Groups across the country are urged to use the manifesto to identify their own housing issues for politicians to address. They have also produced a Resource Sheet with key contacts, resources you might find of help and ideas for questions you might want to ask politicians and policy makers.
General Election 2015 Resource Sheet for Older Peoples Action Groups August 2014.pdf
Minutes of the Meeting:
Minutes Older peoples housing champion mtg 3 June 14.pdf
Minutes Older peoples housing champion mtg 12 March 14.pdf
Older peoples housing champion mtg 11 June 13 Minutes.pdf